Sometimes…..change is Good

As the season changes…so too does my lifestyle.  I’m moving on and hopefully up.

Friday was my last day at TimberPine Nursery.  It was bittersweet.

TimberPine was my first real job out of college.  It was where I learned what landscape design was like in the real world.  It’s where I met my husband.  It’s where Katie Ketelsen marinated for the last 7 years.

I am very thankful for TimberPine as they have helped lead me to where I stand today.

The movement to buy fresh buy local will only grow stronger in the years to come and I’m ready to climb on that bandwagon by joining Urban515.  Formerly my efforts with Urban515 can be seen on Twitter, Facebook and occasionally blogging.  I hope to bring you the behind-the-scenes view of the local businesses you may not even know exist.  To learn more about Urban515 and the membership benefits for you as a consumer, please check out their website and if you have any questions, drop me a line at Katie@Urban515.com.

Staying true to my horticulture roots, I will also be joining the Better Homes and Gardens group working to add content to their website, help bring garden trends and best practices to your inbox and contribute to their Everyday Gardeners blog .

I’m so excited for this new journey.  It too is bittersweet.  Thank you for sticking along with me.

Katie

This entry was posted in Exposing the roots and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Sometimes…..change is Good

1. Dan Johnson says:

Way to go Katie! Sounds like a great mix of opportunities that should be ideal. We know you’ll flourish in these new roles.

Go get ‘em tiger.

2. Georgie says:

I’m very excited for you, Katie! Congratulations! I’ve no doubt you will do quite well!

3. Beth Voltmer says:

Excited for you, Katie. You’ll be an excellent addition to Urban515 and BHG. Best of luck!

4. Pingback: Tweets that mention Sometimes…..change is Good by Garden Grunt -- Topsy.com

5. Katie Ketelsen says:

Thanks guys for the “Congrats” guys! I’m really excited to get cranking on this new adventure!

6. Amber Salmon says:

Congrats Miss Katie!! Change IS good! Best of luck in your new adventures!

7. Renda Lutz says:

Katie, How exciting to see you turn a new leaf as the leaves on the trees blow off. Unlike those leaves moving at the whim of the wind, you have direction, and I can’t wait to see where your internal drive takes you. The exciting thing is, we will get to “see” it as you continue to set the bar high with social media.

8. Big congrats to you, Katie! What a perfect mix of your passions between Urban515 and BHG. Looking forward to all you’ll accomplish!

9. Katie Ketelsen says:

Wow gang…I’m really overwhelmed with your responses..thank you much Katie, Renda, and Amber for your comments~appreciate it!

10. Meghan Blum says:

Congrats Katie! What an exciting time for you and your career! You deserve it!

11. Congrats Katie! What an exciting time for you and your career! You deserve it!

12. MrBrownThumb says:

Congrats on the new gigs. Looks like you’re going to be doing some amazing things in the future.

13. Katie Ketelsen says:

Thanks for the fly by and congrats Mr Brown Thumb! I’m having fun!